The mission of the Veterinary Medical Board (VMB) is to protect consumers and animals through development and maintenance of professional standards, licensing of veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, and premises, and diligent enforcement of the California Veterinary Medicine Practice Act.
NEW LICENSES / EARLY RENEWALS [10/5/2015]
BREEZE UPDATE [08/05/15]
CURES UPDATE [06/30/15]
PHARMACY/DRUG DISTRIBUTOR ALERT [04/22/15]
FDA NEWS RELEASE - PRODUCT ALERT [04/22/15]
- Quick Hits
- News Releases and Alerts
- Join Our Email List!
- Take Our Survey - Tell Us How We're Doing!
- License Verification
- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- File a Complaint
- Board/Committee Meetings
- Letters of Good Standing
- Fees - March 2012 to Current
- Laws and Regulations
- Employment Opportunities
- Hot Links
- Department of Consumer Affairs
- Fingerprinting/Request for Live Scan Service Form
- Pending Decisions and Opportunities for Public Participation
- What's New
- Expert Witnesses Needed
- Subject Matter Experts Needed
- News and Views - The Newsletter of the Veterinary Medical Board
- Unlicensed Activity - Dental Procedures FAQ
- RACE Approval of Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medicine Continuing Education
- Operation of Radiographic Equipment Frequently Asked Questions (eff. January 1, 2011)
- Help Reduce Pet Overpopulation with the Pet Lovers License Plate!
- Tip Sheet: Dog Attacks on Guide Dogs
- Controlled Substance Administration Frequently Asked Questions
- Press Releases