Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
VETERINARY MEDICAL BOARD
May 14, 2020
Jaymie Noland, DVM, President
Kathy Bowler, Vice President
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Mark Nunez, DVM
Cheryl Waterhouse, DVM
Action may be taken on any item listed on the agenda
The Veterinary Medical Board will meet by teleconference at
10:00 a.m., on Thursday, May 14, 2020
NOTE: Pursuant to Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 17, 2020, this meeting will be held by teleconference with no physical public locations.
Important Notice to the Public: The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. To participate in the WebEx Events meeting, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:https://dca-ca.webex.com/dca-ca/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef58a5663cbf2f1d01efdf2cffe359791
Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda.
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by May 12, 2020, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code Sections 11125, 11125.7(a).)
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on Section 2032.1, Article 4, Division 20, Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations Regarding Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship and Telemedicine
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on 2019-2020 Legislation
- Assembly Bill (AB) 1953 (Bloom, 2020) Veterinary medicine
- AB 2028 (Aguiar-Curry, 2020) State agencies: meetings
- AB 2185 (Patterson, 2020) Professions and vocations: applicants licensed in other states: reciprocity
- AB 2855 (Committee on Business and Professions, 2020) Veterinary Medical Board
- Senate Bill (SB) SB 627 (Galgiani, 2019) Cannabis and cannabis products: medicinal use on an animal: veterinary medicine
- SB 1115 (Wilk, 2020) Commercial blood banks for animals: animal blood donors
- SB 1347 (Galgiani, 2020) Veterinary medicine: authorized care and registration
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee Recommendation to Adopt Legislative Proposal Regarding Premises Registration and Corporate Practice of Veterinary Medicine
- Update and Discussion on Board Response to COVID-19
- Future Agenda Items
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Board President and may be taken out of order. Items scheduled for a particular day may be moved to an earlier or later day to facilitate the effective transaction of business. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Board are open to the public.
The meeting will be not be webcast.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Board prior to the Board taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board, but the Board President may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Board to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Board can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Board at (916) 515-5220, email: email@example.com, or send a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297