Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE MEETING
VETERINARY MEDICAL BOARD
Jaymie Noland, DVM, President
Kathy Bowler, Vice President
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Mark Nunez, DVM
Cheryl Waterhouse, DVM
Action may be taken on any item listed on the agenda
The Veterinary Medical Board will meet by teleconference at
9:00 a.m., on Thursday, July 23, and Friday, July 24, 2020
NOTE: Pursuant to Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 17, 2020, this meeting will be held by teleconference with no physical public locations.
Important Notice to the Public: The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda.
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by July 17, 2020, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on July 23, 2020, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on July 24, 2020, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
9:00 a.m., Thursday, July 23, 2020
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code Sections 11125, 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of Board Meeting Minutes
- Report and Update from Department of Consumer Affairs
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (MDC) Report – Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, Vice Chair, MDC
- Overview of July 22, 2020 MDC Meeting
- Interviews, Discussion, and Possible Appointment to Fill Vacant Veterinarian and Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) MDC Positions
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on 2019-2020 Legislation
- Assembly Bill (AB) 2028 (Aguiar-Curry, 2020) State agencies: meetings
- Senate Bill (SB) SB 627 (Galgiani, 2019) Cannabis and cannabis products: medicinal use on an animal: veterinary medicine
- SB 1115 (Wilk, 2020) Commercial blood banks for animals: animal blood donors
- SB 1347 (Galgiani, 2020) Veterinary medicine: authorized care and registration
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on Proposed Regulations
- Status Update on Pending Regulations
- Section 2036, Article 4, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Animal Health Care Tasks for RVT
- Section 2068.5, Article 6, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding RVT Practical Experience and Education as Equivalent Curriculum
- Section 2010, Article 2, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Application After Failing an Examination
- Section 2068.7, Article 6, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Limited Term RVT Examination Eligibility Window
- Board President Report – Jaymie Noland, DVM
- Registered Veterinary Technician Report – Jennifer Loredo, RVT
- National Association Involvement Reports – Kathy Bowler and Mark Nunez, DVM
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards Member and Program Services Think Tank
- Update and Discussion on Office of Attorney General Costs and Process Improvements
- Executive Management Reports
- Future Agenda Items and Next Meeting Dates
- Recess until July 24, 2020, at 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m., Friday, July 24, 2020
- Reconvene - Establishment of a Quorum
- Special Order of Business
- Petition for Reinstatement – Elaine Gawlik, Revoked Veterinarian License No. VET 10507
- Petition for Termination of Probation – Amy Fraze, DVM, License No. VET 23590
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Deliberate and Vote on the Above Petitions and Disciplinary Matters, Including Stipulations and Proposed Decisions
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(a)(1), the Board will meet in closed session to discuss the Executive Officer Evaluation
RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
- Adjournment Upon Conclusion of Business – Due to technological limitations, adjournment will not be broadcast. Adjournment will immediately follow Closed Session, and there will be no other items of business discussed.
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Board President and may be taken out of order. Items scheduled for a particular day may be moved to an earlier or later day to facilitate the effective transaction of business. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Board are open to the public.
The meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/ The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available. Meeting adjournment may not be webcast if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Board prior to the Board taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Board, but the Board President may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Board to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Board can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Board at (916) 515-5220, email: email@example.com, or send a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297