Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE MEETING
April 21, 2021
Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, Chair
Kevin Lazarcheff, DVM, Vice-Chair
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Jamie Peyton, DVM
Leah Shufelt, RVT
Maria Salazar Sperber, JD
Richard Sullivan, DVM
Margaret Warner, DVM
The Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (MDC) of the Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will meet by teleconference at
9:00 a.m., Wednesday, April 21, 2021
NOTE: Pursuant to Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20, issued on March 17, 2020, this meeting will be held by teleconference with no physical public locations.
Important Notice to the Public: The MDC will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. To participate in the WebEx Events meeting, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 187 265 3547 Event password: VMBMDC42121
Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at the end of this agenda.
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by April 14, 2021, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
- Call to Order/ Roll Call/ Establishment of a Quorum
- Committee Chair’s Remarks and Committee Member Comments
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code Sections 11125 and 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of January 27, 2021 Committee Meeting Minutes
- Discussion and Potential Recommendation on Section 2032.1, Article 4, Division 20, Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations Regarding Telemedicine – Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, and Richard Sullivan, DVM, Telemedicine Subcommittee
- Discussion and Potential Recommendation Regarding Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR) and Development of Frequently Asked Questions – Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, and Richard Sullivan, DVM, VCPR Subcommittee
- Discussion and Potential Recommendation Regarding Veterinary Premises Inspection Checklist and Inspection Process Improvements – Margaret Warner, DVM, and Jennifer Loredo, RVT, Inspections Subcommittee
- Update from the Complaint Process Audit Subcommittee – Kevin Lazarcheff, DVM, and Margaret Warner, DVM
- Request for Volunteers to Develop Content for Continuing Education Webinars
- Future Agenda Items and Meeting Dates
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair and may be taken out of order. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Committee are open to the public.
This meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available. Meeting adjournment may not be webcast if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Committee at (916) 515-5220, email: email@example.com, or sending a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297.