Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
TELECONFERENCE MEETING NOTICE
Kathy Bowler, Vice President
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Jaymie Noland, DVM
Maria Preciosa S. Solacito, DVM
The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will meet by teleconference at
9:00 a.m., on Thursday, July 22, and Friday, July 23, 2021
NOTE: Pursuant to Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-08-21, issued on June 11, 2021, this meeting will be held by teleconference with no physical public locations.
Important Notice to the Public: The Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will hold a public meeting via WebEx Events. Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found here.
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by July 15, 2021, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on July 22, 2021, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 146 411 7883 Event password: VMB07222021
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting on July 23, 2021, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 146 567 2684 Event password: VMB07232021
9:00 a.m., Thursday, July 22, 2021
- Call to Order/Roll Call/Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Board may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of Board Meeting Minutes
A. April 22-23, 2021
- Report and Update from Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA)
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action on Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (MDC) Report – Kristi Pawlowski, RVT, Chair, MDC
- Overview of July 21, 2021 MDC Meeting
- Recommendations Regarding Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR) and Development of Frequently Asked Questions
- Recommendations Regarding Legislative Proposal to Amend Business and Professions Code (BPC) Section 4825.1 and Add BPC Section 4826.3, and Regulatory Proposal to Amend Section 2032.1, Article 4, Division 20, Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR) Regarding Telemedicine
- Access to Veterinary Care Committee Report - Jaymie Noland, DVM
- Review of Board Member Conflicts of Interest and Ethics Requirements – Tara Welch, Board Counsel, Attorney III, DCA
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on 2021 Legislation
- Assembly Bill (AB) 1282 (Bloom, 2021) Veterinary medicine: blood banks for animals
- AB 1535 (Committee on Business and Professions, 2021) Veterinary Medical Board: application and examination: discipline and citation
- Senate Bill (SB) 344 (Hertzberg, 2021) Homeless shelters grants: pets and veterinary services
- SB 731 (Durazo, 2021) Criminal records: relief
- Update, Discussion, and Possible Action on Proposed Regulations
- Status Update on Pending Regulations
- Section 2006, Article 1, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Disciplinary Guidelines
- Sections 2090-2095, Article 11, Division 20, Title 16 of the CCR Regarding Drug Compounding
- Recess until July 23, 2021, at 9:00 a.m.
9:00 a.m., Friday, July 23, 2021
- Reconvene - Establishment of a Quorum
- Review, Discussion, and Possible Action Regarding Potential Revisions to Board and Committee Member Administrative Procedure Manual
- Board President Report – Mark Nunez, DVM
- Registered Veterinary Technician Report – Jennifer Loredo, RVT
- National Association Involvement Reports –Kathy Bowler and Mark Nunez, DVM
- International Council for Veterinary Assessment
- American Association of Veterinary State Boards (AAVSB), Member and Program Services Think Tank
- Executive Management Reports
Future Agenda Items and Next Meeting Dates
• October 21-22, 2021
- Recess Open Session
- Convene Closed Session
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(c)(3), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Deliberate and Vote on Disciplinary Matters, Including Stipulations and Proposed Decisions
- Pursuant to Government Code Section 11126(e)(1) and (2)(A), the Board Will Meet in Closed Session to Confer and Receive Advice From Legal Counsel Regarding the Following Matter: San Francisco Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, et al. v. Jessica Sieferman, United States District Court, Case No. 2:21-cv-00786-TLN-KJN
- Adjourn Closed Session
- Reconvene Open Session
- Adjournment Upon Conclusion of Business – Due to technological limitations, adjournment will not be broadcast. Adjournment will immediately follow Closed Session, Item 22, and there will be no other items of business discussed.
RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. Action may be taken on any item on the agenda. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair and may be taken out of order. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Committee are open to the public.
This meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available. Meeting adjournment may not be webcast if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Committee at (916) 515-5220, email: email@example.com, or sending a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297.