Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
MULTIDISCIPLINARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE MEETING
10:00 a.m., October 18, 2022
Richard Sullivan, DVM, Chair
Leah Shufelt, RVT, Vice-Chair
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Kevin Lazarcheff, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Jamie Peyton, DVM
Dianne Sequoia, DVM
Marie Ussery, RVT
The Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (Committee) of the Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will meet by teleconference, with the following location available for Committee and public member participation
Department of Consumer Affairs
1625 North Market Blvd., Hearing Room
Sacramento, CA 95834
This meeting will be held via WebEx Events. Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at: https://vmb.ca.gov/meetings/agendas/joinwebex.pdf.
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 2496 234 6203
Event password: VMB10182022
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by October 11, 2022, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
- Call to Order/ Roll Call/ Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code sections 11125 and 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of July 19, 2022 Committee Meeting Minutes
- Update and Discussion Regarding Assembly Bill (AB) 1282 (Bloom, Chapter 752, Statutes of 2021) Veterinary Medicine: Animal Blood Banks; and California Department of Food and Agriculture’s (CDFA) California Animal Blood Banking Guidance Resource Document
- Update from Equine Practice Subcommittee – Richard Sullivan, DVM, and Marie Ussery, RVT
- Update, Discussion, and Potential Recommendation to the Board on Proposed Regulatory Amendments to California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 16, Sections 2036.5, 2090, 2091, 2092, and 2094 Regarding Veterinary Drug Compounding – Richard Sullivan, DVM, and Marie Ussery, RVT
- Discussion and Potential Recommendation to the Board on Proposed Revisions to Guidance on Veterinary Drug Compounding Regarding Drug Consultation – Richard Sullivan, DVM, and Marie Ussery, RVT
- Update from Complaint Process Audit Subcommittee – Christina Bradbury, DVM, and Dianne Sequoia, DVM
- Update from Inspections Subcommittee – Jennifer Loredo, RVT, and Dianne Sequoia, DVM
- Update and Discussion Regarding the Board’s Access to Care Task Force
- Election of 2023 Committee Officers
- Future Agenda Items and Meeting Dates
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair and may be taken out of order. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Committee are open to the public.
In accordance with Government Code section 11133(b)(2)(A), the teleconference locations from which Committee members may participate in the meeting may not be identified in the notice and agenda of the meeting.
This meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available. Meeting adjournment may not be webcast if it is the only item that occurs after a closed session.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
This meeting is being held in person and via WebEx Events. The meeting is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Committee at (916) 515-5220, email: email@example.com, or sending a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297.