Agenda Items and Meeting Materials
MULTIDISCIPLINARY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
NOTICE OF TELECONFERENCE MEETING
10:00 a.m., January 24, 2023
Leah Shufelt, RVT, Chair
Richard Sullivan, DVM, Vice Chair
Christina Bradbury, DVM
Kevin Lazarcheff, DVM
Jennifer Loredo, RVT
Dianne Sequoia, DVM
Marie Ussery, RVT
The Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee (Committee) of the Veterinary Medical Board (Board) will meet by teleconference, with the following location available for Committee and public member participation:
Department of Consumer Affairs
1747 N. Market Blvd., Hearing Room
Sacramento, CA 95834
This meeting will be held via WebEx Events. Instructions to connect to the meeting can be found at: https://vmb.ca.gov/meetings/agendas/joinwebex.pdf.
To participate in the WebEx Events meeting, please log on to this website the day of the meeting:
Event number: 2486 621 8946
Event password: VMB1242023
Due to potential technical difficulties, please consider submitting written comments by January 18, 2023, to VMB@dca.ca.gov for consideration.
- Call to Order/ Roll Call/ Establishment of a Quorum
- Public Comment on Items Not on the Agenda
Note: The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during this public comment section, except to decide whether to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Government Code sections 11125 and 11125.7(a).)
- Review and Approval of October 18, 2022 Committee Meeting Minutes
- Update, Discussion, and Potential Recommendations from Equine Practice Subcommittee – Richard Sullivan, DVM, and Marie Ussery, RVT
- Recommendation Regarding Legislative Proposal to Amend Sections 4825.1 of Article 2 and 4875.1 of Article 4, and Add Sections 4826.01, 4826.6, and 4829.1 to Article 2, Chapter 11, Division 2 of the Business and Professions Code
- Recommendation to the Board on California Horse Racing Board Regulatory Proposal to Amend California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 4, Section 1867
- Update, Discussion, and Potential Recommendation to the Board on Potential Rulemaking to Amend CCR, Title 16, Sections 2032.1, 2034, and 2036 Regarding Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship, Animal Health Care Tasks Definitions, and Animal Health Care Tasks for R.V.T – Leah Shufelt, RVT, and Richard Sullivan, DVM
- Update, Discussion, and Potential Recommendations from Complaint Process Audit Subcommittee – Christina Bradbury, DVM, and Dianne Sequoia, DVM
- Update, Discussion, and Potential Recommendation Regarding Access to Care
- Recommendation Regarding Spectrum of Care Frequently Asked Questions
- Update, Discussion, and Potential Recommendation to Add to the Board’s Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship
- Update and Discussion Regarding Requirements of Assembly Bill 1885 (Kalra, Chapter 389, Statutes of 2022) to Develop Guidelines for Veterinarian Recommendation of Cannabis Use Within the Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship – Christina Bradbury, DVM, and Richard Sullivan, DVM
- Update and Discussion Regarding Rulemaking Proposal to Amend CCR, Title 16, Sections 2064, 2065, 2065.1, 2065.2, 2065.6, 2065.7, 2065.8, and 2066, Regarding Registered Veterinary Technician (RVT) School Approval and RVT Student Exemption – Leah Shufelt, RVT, and Jennifer Loredo, RVT
- Future Agenda Items and Meeting Dates
This agenda can be found on the Veterinary Medical Board website at www.vmb.ca.gov. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the Board President and may be taken out of order. Items scheduled for a particular day may be moved to an earlier or later day to facilitate the effective transaction of business. In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Board are open to the public.
In accordance with Government Code section 11133(b)(2)(A), the teleconference locations from which Board members may participate in the meeting may not be identified in the notice and agenda of the meeting.
This meeting will be webcast, provided there are no unforeseen technical difficulties or limitations. To view the webcast, please visit thedcapage.wordpress.com/webcasts/. The meeting will not be cancelled if webcast is not available.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issue before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his or her discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee can neither discuss nor take official action on these items at the time of the same meeting (Government Code sections 11125, 11125.7(a)).
The meeting location is accessible to the physical disabled. This meeting also is being held via WebEx Events and is accessible to the physically disabled. A person who needs disability-related accommodations or modifications to participate in the meeting may make a request by contacting the Board at (916) 515-5220, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a written request to the Veterinary Medical Board, 1747 N. Market St., Suite 230, Sacramento, CA 95834. Providing your request at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting will help ensure availability of the requested accommodations. TDD Line: (916) 326-2297
 Face masks may or may not be required at the location(s) depending on state and local laws and business preferences on the date of the meeting.